A computer science degree from a top university can help graduates land their dream job at companies like Apple, Google, and Facebook.
But which computer science courses are the best ones to try and to get onto if you want to impress employers?
Using the QS World University Rankings, we took a look at the universities with the top computer science and information systems courses.
The guide is one of the most reputable sources that students turn to when deciding which universities to apply to, and employers are also likely to refer to it when deciding which candidates to hire.
It is based on academic reputation, employer reputation, and research impact. The full methodology can be read here. We looked at the overall scores, which are out of 100.
49. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University — With technology giants like Huawei and Foxconn a short drive away in Shenzhen (mainland China) this Hong Kong university is likely to offer some good summer internship opportunities. It achieved a QS score of 74.1 for its computer science and information systems courses.
49. City University of Hong Kong — This university’s curriculum aims to expose students to the latest advances in cloud computing, machine learning, and bioinformatics. Courses in computer science and information systems were given a QS ranking of 74.1.
48. University of Chicago — With an acceptance rate of 7.6%, you’ve got to be highly intelligent to get into this institution. The school’s computer science and information systems courses received a QS score of 74.8.
47. University of Michigan — The University of Michigan is using more than $63 million to fund research into areas like ethical robots and computer aided design. The school achieved a QS ranking of 75.1 for its computer science and information systems courses.
46. National Taiwan University (NTU) — NTU gives out around 8,000 degrees a year, with some of those going to computing students. The university achieved a QS score of 76.0.
44. University of California, San Diego (UCSD) — Nestled along the Pacific coastline on 1,200 acres of coastal woodland, UCSD’s computer science and engineering department focuses on AI, embedded systems, and computer vision, among other things. It received a QS ranking of 76.2.
44. Shanghai Jiao Tong University — Founded in 1896, this Chinese institution claims to have strong research groups in the areas of theoretical computer science, parallel and distributed systems, computer networking, intelligent human-computer interaction, cryptography and information security. It achieved a QS score of 76.2.
43. Politecnico di Milano — In at 43rd, the Politecnico di Milano boasts 74 professors at its computer science and engineering department. The faculty achieved a QS score of 76.3 for its computer science and information systems courses.
42. New York University (NYU) — The Big Apple’s largest university believes computer science is filled “with profound and beautiful intellectual questions”. It received a QS score of 76.8.
41. The University of Sydney — Focused on the areas of the areas of algorithmics and applications, enterprise computing, human centred computing and IT applications in health care, The University of Sydney achieved a QS score of 76.9.
40. Seoul National University —Seoul aims to help students achieve excellence in both scientific discovery and technological innovation. Its computer science and engineering courses were given a QS score of 76.9.
Για τα υπόλοιπα πανεπιστήμια κάντε κλικ: Τα 50 καλλίτερα παενπιστήμια στον κόσμο